Being a good writer is one of the most important skills to possess as a college student. Most of the students do not know what to expect in reference to a college paper. Essentially a college paper is a piece of writing as long as twenty pages or even more. A high school term paper tends to be creative, a college paper, on the other hand, is more factual and argumentative. While you might be fluent in grammar, college papers often depend on the amount of research to be able to comprehensively defend your argument.
What are college papers?
College papers are the standard pieces of writing assignment in all humanities and social science departments. One needs to master essay writing to get good grades. Writing is not supposed to only be focused on as a means to a grade but also as a way to honor your language and persuasion skills as most powerful features is at your disposal. Being intimidated by a five page assignments isn’t new, however, college papers aren’t hard, all you need is lots of research and quality time.
How to write your college paper
As most college papers tend to be very long your instructor will give you the duration to deliver completed assignments. Below is the first step to writing your paper:
- The first step is to avoid last-minute rushes. Group your work into parts and give yourself quality time to complete the task in time. Quality work heavily relies on lots of research in support of your argument. When you pull an all-nighter, you will have answers that are vague and lack the distinct qualities.
- Read and make sure you have fully comprehended what the question requires of you, understand what your instructor is driving at. Is the paper supposed to be reflective, persuasive or explanatory? Worse than doing poor work is answering a non-existent question.
- By now you have already done half the work, don’t cut corners in your reading. If you are a frequent reader you are ahead and all you need to do is take notes. Every time you read any material go back to your thesis statement to check for any correspondence. This prevents you from driving away from your objective. Take down notes and write any ideas that come to mind during the process.
- The next step is to break down your work into parts as you would a one page essay. Typically, the paper comprises of the thesis, introduction, body and conclusion. This format will help you break down your work into small parts making them easy tasks to complete without getting your flow of thought jumbled up.
- Make use of the breakdown you made to help you create an outline of your thoughts and what direction you want your argument to take. Most of the people who end up either rambling or losing focus are skip this stage. Essentially an outline does no miracle but forces you to think about your argument comprehensively.
- When writing a long paper never start with your introduction. Don’t get it wrong, an introduction is a vital part of your paper and a key factor and a great determinant of your grade. Leave your introduction for when you feel you have figured the best way of delivering it, otherwise start with the body.
- Your body should consist of distinct paragraphs. Every distinct thought should have its own paragraph. First start with the background of your thesis and argument before going ahead to provide supporting evidence. After writing the body, write an introduction that you feel best suites your views and opinions.
- Finish with a strong conclusion that is not repetitive of your points but instead gives it a logical conclusion that has your reader either in suspense or gives something to ponder on.
Things to consider when submitting your college papers
- The first thing to check for is if you have correctly referenced all your sources. Reference material distinguishes your content from other authors. This is a quality your instructor will be keen about. There’s a thin line that separates your ability to use citations and the potential for plagiarism. You do not want to get a failing grade. For good papers, you can always contact us for help with your papers.
- The next step is to check your primary and secondary references. You have to ensure that you have done them in the correct format. Whether it is MLA, APA or Chicago. If you happen to be in doubt then there’s no harm in asking for help from a peer, instructor OR US.
- Go through your paper checking for any grammatical, spelling and typing errors whilst still looking for mistakes in sentence construction.
- After that the next step is to watch out and determine the flow of your sentences as you read them, do they connect? Your argument naturally appears weaker if your work has weak logical links as it ends up looking dubious.
- Avoid making broad assumptions or vague statements without flow or meaning and instead use words from your thesis or primary source material.
- Check the structure of your paper. Consider whether it is longer than required. Ensure you stick to the format of the paper and pay keen attention to its presentation.
- The next step is to check the flow of your arguments and the transition of thoughts from one paragraph to the next. Has your aim and that of the question been met through your argument?
- The final stage is to edit the whole draft and read the final draft. If you are not satisfied with your paper, you can also request for a second opinion before handing your paper in. If you are satisfied with the quality of your work then do not hesitate to hand it over.
How to get help with college papers
When you are stuck and need help or just guidance on your paper the easiest place to ask for help is from your peers, instructors or a custom essay writing service. There are quite a number of fast and efficient essay writing services online like OURS. We have a team of professionals who ensure your work is done and meets the required standards. However, beware of cons and illegitimate services that may land you into trouble especially those that focus on cheap services rather than rendering quality services.
You can reach us via the messaging application on the screen, email us via email@example.com with your instructions, or click the order now button for good writing services.